Public Health Testimonial
- NCDHHS Selects Organizations to Address Impact of COVID-19 on LatinX Community
- NCDHHS and Livingstone College Launch Program to Help Churches and Nonprofits Address Food Insecurity in Communities Disproportionately Harmed by COVID-19
- NCDHHS Kicks Off Minority Health Month
- NCIOM Releases Healthy North Carolina 2030 Goals
- NC Health Equity Impact Awards Celebrate Leaders, Organizations Making a Difference
- NC Health Equity Report Receives National Recognition
- NC OMHHD Director Speaks to Campbell University Students about Health Equity
- NC OMHHD Director Speaks to PCOM About Health Disparities
Articles and Features
- The Daily Tar Heel: Why COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution in North Carolina Lacks Racial Equity
- Increasing Minority Participation in the National DPP (NC MDPP Feature): National Association of Chronic Disease Directors: Snapshot of Success
- An Equity Conversation with Cornell Wright: Active Living By Design Blog Article, by Danielle Sherman (January 2018)
- N.C. Health Equity Impact Awards: N.C. Health Equity Impact Awards Celebrate Making a Difference: The North Carolina Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities held the first N.C. Health Equity Impact Awards in Raleigh as part of its 25th anniversary celebration, with former U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Joycelyn Elders keynoting the awards banquet. (October 2017)
- NC OMHHD Director Receives National Award for Minority Health and Healthcare Leaders
- Racial Health Disparities Costing NC: The News & Observer, News Article By Christopher Gergen and Stephen Martin (February 2017)
- The Boomer Beat with Bev. Mahone: Minority Health Disparities in NC: A look at the impact the OMHHD has on blacks in the state in efforts to achieve health equity.
- COVID-19 and Pre-Existing Conditions: A Perfect Storm for African Americans: Radio interview by Charlotte's Praise 100.9 FM, "Community Voices" host Ron Holland, with Cornell Wright, May 2020. There are significant health disparities plaguing the African American community. A close examination of the metrics that provides analysis of the portrait of health in the African American community reveals there’s a long road ahead for things to change.
- COVID-19 Health and Disparities, How It’s Affecting The African-American Community: Interview for "Discover the Best You" with Dr. Latanya Bowman.
- Mt. Bright Baptist Church Interview by Pastor Dewey Williams with Cornell Wright, June 2020. A discussion of COVID-19 health disparities, health equity and guidance for faith communities.
- Heart Health and Health Equity - American Heart Association: Men’s Health Month 2018 Radio Interview by 99.9 FM The Fan and Buzz Sports Radio, ESPN Affiliate (June 2018)
- UNC School of Government, ncIMPACT, hosted by Anita Brown-Graham: A look into prostate and breast cancer rates in African American and rural communities, a discussion of the importance of regular screening, and a discussion of health equity and NCDHHS and OMHHD community partnerships with Cornell Wright.
- TEDxUNC Salon "What IF"...Reimagining Maternal & Child Health In the U.S. took place at UNC-Chapel Hill on January 17, 2017. Details at Before, Between and Beyond Pregnancy
- Cornell P. Wright & Petrina Bryant: #ColorPurpleRain: Sexual Health Equity in Context
- Tanya Bass: Including Intimacy in Reproductive Life Planning and Sexual Health Education
Last Modified: June 4, 2021